SeneddTV is the online broadcast channel for the National Assembly for Wales. This website holds live and archived coverage of all Assembly proceedings taking place in public, including Plenary debates and committee meetings. You can also view footage of Assembly events and a wide range of short videos about the Assembly and its work in the Senedd Extra section.
Key features include:
• ability to clip a specific section of Assembly business and embed on a third-party site;
• the ability to view on mobile devices;
• an improved search facility making it easier to locate archived material;
• a scrub feature which allows the user to rewind live video and go straight to the point of an archived video with ease;
• adaptive streaming to improve the picture quality;
• archiving video within two seconds providing near real-time accessibility to historical content.
Upgrades to Senedd.tv
We have introduced a number of new features and upgrades to Senedd TV to make it easier for people to find, share and reuse the material we have on the site.
The new features include a download and clipping tool, that allows users to select and download clips of footage from live and on-demand videos. Download links to the generated clips are sent to the email address entered as part of the clipping process, and remain available for 24 hours.
We’ve installed an upgraded video player, improved the highest quality live video stream to 720p (broadband connectivity permitting), and introduced thumbnail searching for the first time. This allows users to see images of clips in an archived video when ‘scrubbing’ on the time bar, making it easier to find particular clips or points of interest in a video quickly.
We have also made some general improvements to the look and feel of the social media / email sharing feature, to make it easier for users to share full videos or clips of videos on a number of different platforms.
The enhanced video quality and thumbnail searching will be available on new material streamed on the site from April 2018 onwards. The new clipping and downloading service, and the sharing and embedding features, are available on all the videos on the site, including the BSL version of First Minister’s Questions and all promotional material published in the Senedd Extra section.